Generating Data and Value
The concept of the social research work and deliverable of assessments helps to
- Generate a continuous series of valuable data for comparisons over time that monitor the evolution of values, attitudes and behavioral patterns in the societies.
- Establish and transmit higher standards in the comparative social sciences (questionnaire design and pre-testing, sampling strategies, translation procedures, data collection and processing)
- Increase the visibility and accessibility of statistical data on social change in society and stakeholders, researchers and policymakers, media and wider public.
FA Social Research Work Areas
FA offers project management assistance, fieldwork operation and data delivery services in social research projects.
- Government program surveys
- Local governance surveys
- Politics and election surveys
- Opinion polls
- Social behavior change and tracking surveys
- Social awareness, habits and morals surveys
- NGO program surveys
- Fund raising program surveys
- Social development program surveys
- Human rights, democracy, corruption and bribery surveys
- Environment and ecology surveys
- Health services surveys
- (Conventional) media surveys
- Institutional image surveys
- Internal customer satisfaction surveys
- Gender and sexuality surveys
- Social movements surveys
- Class conflict and inequalities surveys
FA’s Approach in Social Research Work
FA helps its clients to draw / select samples that well represent the population to be studied and indicates the points in research designs that break the balance in costs.
FA always takes great care in guiding to the concepts being measured and the population studied according to the society’s values, morals and traditions and sensitive current developments that may cause a negative perception towards interviewing or lower response rate, in other words increasing refusals.
FA project teams train interviewers carefully on interviewing techniques and the subject matter of the survey; pretest questionnaires and procedures to identify (if any) problems prior to the survey; construct quality checks for each stages of the survey; carefully develop and fulfill pledges of confidentiality given to respondents; disclose all relevant methods of the survey to permit evaluation; deliver a data quality report depending on statistical indicators by each interviewer to prove quality and possible human-made bias prevented at the end of each project.
Methods We Implement in Social Research
FA conducts social research projects via F2F (PAPI Pen and Paper and CAPI Computer/tablet-assisted personal interview), CATI (Computer-assisted telephone interview) and online survey methods and implements;
Simple Random Sampling (SRS)
Stratified Sampling (SS)
Cluster Sampling (CS)
Random-Digit Dialing (RDD)
Registration-Based Sampling (RBS)
Self-Selected Samples (SSS)
Samples from Internet Panel